Skip to main content
Jaguar Logo

International Programs

Select Language

International & U.S. Transcripts

Transcripts for institutions attended outside of the U.S.

Secondary Credentials (High School) - Outside the U.S.

Submit all official secondary school transcripts, mark sheets, and diplomas/certificates. These need to indicate the date of graduation. Official academic credentials must be submitted in the original language(s) of issue and with an official English translation. Once submitted, all records become the property of the University of Houston-Victoria and will not be returned.

For unofficial or photocopies of transcripts to be accepted as official, they must be attested or certified by one of the following authorities:

  1. Ministry of Education of your country or country where the high school is located
  2. Graduating Institution authority, such as Registrar, Principal, Controller of Examination, Vice Rector, or Rector. Institution authorities vary and should be sent by the highest issuing authority.
  3. EducationUSA centers
  4. Diplomatic Mission Representation in the United States such as Consulate, Chancellery, High Commission, or Embassy, when 1-3 not available.

Contact the International Programs Office at for other means of attestation. You can submit documents online via email to however if you are submitting unofficial transcripts for admissions review you are required to bring along the original transcripts with you at the time of the mandatory orientation.

The university will convert GPA to the U.S. standard once the proper transcripts are submitted.


Higher Education Credentials (College/University) - Outside the U.S.

UHV is not able to evaluate international higher education level coursework or credentials in-house. For UHV to transfer credit to UHV and/or verify your Bachelor's or Master's degree from an international institution, the student must submit transcripts to a National Association for Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member. We DO NOT recommend AES, FACS, or GCE for reasons stated by our students.  Students should begin the credential evaluation process promptly, as it may take 5-10 days depending on the evaluation organization student selects. All evaluations should be Course-by-Course Analysis with credential verification. When the evaluation is completed, please request for the evaluation agency to send an official evaluation to the International Programs electronically to International Programs does not require mail-in transcripts. Failing to submit the course-by-course evaluation report will result in admissions cancellation/ application withdrawal and admissions offer withdrawal which will result in the termination of your immigration record. 

Course-by-course evaluation costs start at $145 (IEE), although the cost varies by NACES member. Many evaluation services offer discounted rates: SpanTran. You are responsible to pay the fees and complete the evaluation process. All evaluation reports and transcripts MUST be sent directly to the International Programs Office or via email at

If students are planning to transfer credits courses to the UHV degree plan completed at an institution outside of the U.S.:
Students must submit the course-by-course evaluation report at the time of admission UHV will not be able to review students' application without the course-by-course evaluation report and academic advisors will not be able to advise students on transfer credits/ courses. Transfer of courses/ credits varies according to each program and college. Transfer of credits/ courses to the UHV degree plan is not guaranteed. 

Higher Education Credentials (College/University/ English Program) - Completed in the U.S.

If you are a student completing or completed degree and/or course work at an institution in the U.S., we require official transcripts directly sent to

For Temporary Non-Immigrant F-1/J-1 Visa Holders

If you have a prior evaluation with another evaluation agency, you may request the evaluation agency to send the official evaluation with verification and supporting credentials/education documents for our International Programs to review and verify if it meets our admissions requirements. We reserve the right to not agree with evaluation agency recommendations if they do not meet our admission standards. Check with your evaluation agency to see if they can provide an official evaluation electronically to for faster application review.