UHV is working hard at their best to ensure students admissions to the university is completed accurately in a timely manner. We request that you be patient and allow UHV 3-5 business days to review and process immigration related documents and admissions related items. Do not send duplicate emails to staff members as all services are rendered according to first-come-first-serve basis. All application materials must be sent via attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your UHV ID and all other concerns, questions and inquiries must be directed to email@example.com
Congratulations on your acceptance to UHV. At UHV you can excel academically, exchange ideas, and, ultimately, change the world. Your acceptance recognizes all the hard work and achievement in your academic and personal past, and we're excited to welcome you to your future of success. UHV is proud of its caliber of students, and we are happy to include you in such a prestigious group!
- First, please be sure to contact the International Programs Office to accept your offer of admission.
- Second, make sure you visit the mandatory international student orientation page to learn when to arrive to campus for mandatory orientation. Please note, failing to attend mandatory orientation may result in cancellation of scholarships and waiver.
- Third, read and learn the Pre-Arrival check list. Please print or open the check-list and follow the check-list step-by-step. This ensures that you are entering UHV as a new student who has completed all the necessary items before arriving to UHV. Failing to follow the UHV check-list will delay your registration and make your transition to UHV less-than-smooth. Completing each section accordingly will ensure that you will not miss a step since the check-list is specially-tailored to you as an international student!
Don't forget to also join us on social media! Start building your community with other UHV students!
Chat/ Meet with us
- To schedule an appointment or Join International Programs at the Virtual Lobby on Mondays to Fridays 8-5pm Central Standard Time (The university is closed on the weekends and federal holidays)
- Face-2-Face meetings are available via appointment only. To schedule a face-2-face meeting visit Microsoft Bookings
- For prospective/potential students, every Thursday at 11am U.S. Central Standard Timezone, Click the zoom link To convert time to the U.S. CST time click Timezone Converter (temporarily cancelled until September 1st)
- Study Abroad weekly sessions on Wednesday at 3pm though the International Programs Zoom channel.
- All virtual appointments will be recorded.
Traveling to the U.S. from Abroad
The following CDC guidelines are applicable to faculty, staff and students arriving to the U.S. from international travel, whether university-sanctioned or personal:
If You Are Fully Vaccinated:
You are not required to quarantine upon returning from international travel; however, you should:
- Get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
- Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements after travel.
If You Are Not Fully Vaccinated:
Upon returning from international travel, you must either:
- Self-quarantine for 10 days OR
- Get tested 3-5 days after travel ANDstay home for 7 days after travel.
- Even if you test negative, stay home for the full 7 days.
- If your test is positive, stay home and follow the COVID-19 Diagnosis protocols.
Regardless of whether you get tested or not, you should avoid being around high-risk individuals for 14 days upon returning from international travel. Students must complete Travel Guidelines and Return to Campus Guidelines These requirements for self-quarantine includes international students who are traveling to the U.S. for classes.