Financial Aid at UHV
Your education is a major investment
That's why the University of Houston-Victoria offers a variety of financial resources to help offset your educational costs. In fact, we award more than $40.6 million each year in scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study employment.
Complete the FAFSA
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after applying to UHV. You'll automatically be considered for most types of aid with this one application. UHV's FAFSA School Code is 013231 and you will need to create an FSA ID.
Apply for Scholarships
UHV only requires ONE scholarship application to qualify. There are currently more than 50 scholarships available with varying requirements.
Check Your UHV Email and myUHV Financial Aid Links
Check your UHV email account regularly for financial aid notifications, including financial aid offers and requests for additional or missing information. The myUHV To-Do List will show you what to submit. You can also check on your financial aid application status on myUHV.
Additional Forms and Steps
Students may be required to submit additional documentation or complete additional steps, including:
- Verification Worksheet and possibly tax documentation if you are selected for verification.
- If you are an undergraduate who plans to co-enroll, complete the Consortium Agreement Form. Send in a copy of the Paid Fee Receipt and Class Schedule. The UHV Consortium Agreement is located on the Financial Aid Forms webpage.
- Complete a Loan Request if you are interested in applying for additional Federal Direct Student Loans or you declined a loan previously offered on myUHV.
- Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note if you have not previously received a Federal Student Loan. Entrance Counseling is required if this is your first time borrowing at UHV.
- Exit Counseling is required if you drop below half-time, withdraw from UHV, or apply for graduation. If you withdraw, we will calculate your Return of Title IV Funds, which may result in a balance owed to UHV.
- A Student Employment Application is available if you are interested in employment opportunities on campus or in the community.
Accept, Modify, and Decline Financial Aid Awards
If you are offered financial aid, you will receive a Financial Aid Offer notification via your UHV email. Once you receive the notice, you will need to accept, decline, or modify your aid package in myUHV.
Offered aid will be divided evenly for the fall and spring semesters. However, summer classes are awarded separately. If aid is offered prior to the semester, the aid will be calculated based on full-time status. Aid may be recalculated if you will not be enrolled full-time.
To learn more about applying for financial aid, types of financial aid, and keeping your financial aid, please watch our Financial Aid Orientation video.
Meeting the priority deadline ensures your file is reviewed as quickly as possible for upcoming semesters. Applications are processed on a first-completed, first-awarded basis. Students should check myUHV and UHV email regularly for status updates.
- Fall - January 15
- Spring - October 15
- Summer - March 15
More Important Dates for Financial Aid
- FAFSA Available **2024-2025 FAFSA release date must be determined by the Department of Education due to the FAFSA Simplification Act. All indications are that it will be sometime in December 2023.
Documents received after January 15 will be processed in the following time frames:
- January 16 - May 10 Within one week of receipt
- May 11 - July 26 Within two weeks of receipt
- July 27 - September 15 Within three weeks of receipt
Financial aid is generally awarded one week after your last document is processed. However, you will need to add an additional week if corrections are required on your FAFSA.
Visit the Financial Aid Calendar for additional award deadlines and disbursement dates.