Welcome from the International Programs Office
University is open and operational. Students planning to return to the U.S. from overseas must sefl-quarantine for 14 days prior to attending any activity on-campus. International Programs strive to provide the best services to our international students. Please allow 3-5 business days to review, process admissions and immigration documents. International Programs completes tasks including email responses on a first-come-first basis. Direct all emails and documents to email@example.com and include UHV ID (if applicable).
Chat/ Meet with us
- To schedule an appointment or Join International Programs at the Virtual Lobby on Mondays to Fridays 8-5pm Central Standard Time (The university is closed on the weekends and federal holidays)
- Face-2-Face meetings are available via appointment only. To schedule a face-2-face meeting visit Microsoft Bookings
- For prospective/potential students, every Thursday at 11am U.S. Central Standard Timezone, Click the zoom link To convert time to the U.S. CST time click Timezone Converter
- Study Abroad weekly sessions on Wednesday at 3pm though the International Programs Zoom channel.
The University of Houston-Victoria in Victoria, Texas, offers a unique combination of excellent, affordable, and personalized academic and leadership opportunities to empower students to become successful 21st-century citizens in an increasingly complex world. We offer accredited and nationally ranked programs at an affordable price with automatic scholarship opportunities for international students. UHV makes sure that its graduates are given the tools they need to make their mark in society and the world.
At the University of Houston-Victoria, the International Programs Office functions as a catalyst for internationalization and a hub for all things international for our International Students and Scholars as well as our domestic students seeking to expand their horizons.
Promotes and Increases cross-cultural learning, global engagement and global competency
To assist the University's various academic and Student Life Departments to integrate global perspective into the curriculum and program development and implementation
Serve as the primary campus liaison to U.S. government agencies (Department of Homeland Security, Department of State, Student and Exchange Visitor Program) in issues relevant to F-1 and J-1 students and scholars to ensure access to updated and accurate immigration information to be in compliance with U.S. F-1 and J-1 immigration regulations
To enhance the University's commitment to supporting faculty and staff for their efforts to internationalize the curriculum, programs, and institution
To provide opportunities for faculty and staff members interested in initiating a new or enhancing existing teaching, learning, research, innovation, outreach and engagement activities to graduate globally competent and globally engaged global leaders.
To enhance existing programs for international students and scholars and to strengthen their engagement in academic components of the University.
- Serve as the primary responsible department for Comprehensive Internationalization at the University
Conduct intercultural training programs and services to prepare UHV faculty and staff, students, and the greater community to be effective global citizens through a variety of training opportunities