Current International Students
Welcome to UHV! The International Programs (IP) is here to answer your questions and help you with any concerns that you may have. IP is your best resource on immigration matters as it pertains to your student or scholar visa. We are also the office responsible for working with U.S. federal agencies regarding our international students and scholars studying and/or working. Our dedicated staff can also assist you with your social and personal adjustment to life in the United States. We encourage you to use this site often to learn of the latest changes in immigration issues, upcoming events, and important topics that are relevant to international students.
We hope that you will enjoy your time here in Victoria and at UHV!
Email Inquiries/ Document Processing:
Email inquiries can take upto 2-5 business days depending on the request. Admissions, I-20/ DS2019 issuances, address updated, OPT updates may take 3-5 business days, OPT and CPT may take a minimum of 5-7 business days. Invitation letters, SSN letters and Driver's License letter may take 3-5 business days. Please allow International Programs adequate time to work on admissions.
- To schedule an appointment or Join International Programs at the Virtual Lobby on Mondays to Fridays 8-5pm Central Standard Time (The university is closed on the weekends and federal holidays)
- Face-2-Face meetings are available via appointment only. To schedule a face-2-face meeting visit Microsoft Bookings
- Study Abroad weekly sessions on Wednesday at 3pm though the International Programs Zoom channel.
- All virtual appointments will be recorded.
Traveling to the U.S. from Abroad:
The following CDC guidelines are applicable to faculty, staff and students arriving to the U.S. from international travel, whether university-sanctioned or personal:
If You Are Fully Vaccinated:
You are not required to quarantine upon returning from international travel; however, you should:
- Get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
- Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements after travel.
If You Are Not Fully Vaccinated:
Upon returning from international travel, you must either:
- Self-quarantine for 10 days OR
- Get tested 3-5 days after travel ANDstay home for 7 days after travel.
- Even if you test negative, stay home for the full 7 days.
- If your test is positive, stay home and follow the COVID-19 Diagnosis protocols.
Regardless of whether you get tested or not, you should avoid being around high-risk individuals for 14 days upon returning from international travel. Students must complete Travel Guidelines and Return to Campus Guidelines These requirements for self-quarantine includes international students who are traveling to the U.S. for classes.
- Airport Drop-off
- Airport Pick-up Request
- Immigration, Maintaining Your Status, Change of Address, and Extending Your Program
- Health Insurance
- Dropping A Class?
- Online Courses for International Students
- Letter Requests: Driver's Licenses, Academic Good Standing, Graduation Invitations, Dependents and Family Invitations, etc.
- Travel Outside of the US
- On Campus Work
- CPT: Curricular Practical Training
- OPT: Optional Practical Training
- Social Security Numbers
- Getting a Driver's License
- Transferring from UHV to Another School in the US