Current International Students
Welcome to UHV! The International Programs (IP) is here to answer your questions and help you with any concerns that you may have. IP is your best resource on immigration matters as it pertains to your student or scholar visa. We are also the office responsible for working with U.S. federal agencies regarding our international students and scholars studying and/or working. Our dedicated staff can also assist you with your social and personal adjustment to life in the United States. We encourage you to use this site often to learn of the latest changes in immigration issues, upcoming events, and important topics that are relevant to international students.
We hope that you will enjoy your time here in Victoria and at UHV!
Email Inquiries/ Document Processing:
Email inquiries can take up to 2-5 business days depending on the request. Admissions, I-20/ DS2019 issuances, address updated, OPT updates may take 3-5 business days, OPT and CPT may take a minimum of 5-7 business days. Invitation letters, SSN letters and Driver's License letter may take 3-5 business days. Please allow International Programs adequate time to work on admissions.
- To schedule an appointment or Join International Programs at the Virtual Lobby on Monday to Thursday 9-2 pm Central Standard Time (The university is closed on the weekends and federal holidays)
- Face-2-Face meetings are available via appointment only. To schedule a face-2-face meeting visit Microsoft Bookings
- All virtual appointments will be recorded.
UHV Katy Advising Days
Wednesdays - (by appointment through Microsoft Bookings )
Fridays- (by appointment through Microsoft Bookings )
- Airport Drop-off
- Airport Pick-up Request
- Immigration, Maintaining Your Status, Change of Address, and Extending Your Program
- Health Insurance
- Dropping A Class?
- Online Courses for International Students
- Letter Requests: Driver's Licenses, Academic Good Standing, Graduation Invitations, Dependents and Family Invitations, etc.
- Travel Outside of the US
- On Campus Work
- CPT: Curricular Practical Training
- OPT: Optional Practical Training
- Social Security Numbers
- Getting a Driver's License
- Transferring from UHV to Another School in the US