What is Graduation?
Graduation is the process of a degree being awarded. You must apply for graduation, have a degree audit, and meet all degree requirements to graduate.
Commencement ceremonies recognize the academic achievements of graduation candidates. Participation in the ceremony does not guarantee your degree will be awarded.
|Last Day to apply for Spring 2024 Graduation
|February 2, 2024
|Summer 2024 Graduation Application Opens
|February 3, 2024
|Deadline to submit an Appeal to Graduate Form to Graduate for Spring 2024 Graduation
|February 16, 2024
|Last day to confirm name/address for diploma (Spring 2024 Graduates)
|May 10, 2024
|Last Day to apply for Summer 2024 Graduation
|June 7, 2024
|Deadline to resolve outstanding items for Spring 2024 Graduation
|June 14, 2024
|Diploma mailing begins (Spring 2024 Graduates)
- Meet with your academic advisor to ensure all degree requirements will be fulfilled by your intended graduation date.
- Apply for Graduation : A graduation application is required regardless of whether you plan to participate in the ceremony.
- Verify Diploma Information: Log into myUHV Self-Service and verify that Diploma Name and mailing address are correct.
- Monitor your UHV student email: Emails regarding commencement, degree awarding, and diplomas will be sent to your UHV student email address.
Note: The final degree audit will begin after final grades post and may take up to 60 days to complete.
Students must apply for graduation BEFORE the deadline indicated for each term in the academic calendar. Students who have not applied for graduation will not be graduated in a given term.
Graduation Application Process
Graduating with Honors and Honors Cord
Undergraduate students who have completed at least 30 semester hours at UH-Victoria and achieved a grade point average in accordance with the following scale may graduate with honors:
Grade Point Average (GPA):
- 3.50–3.67 Cum laude
- 3.68–3.84 Magna cum laude
- 3.85–4.0 Summa cum laude
Note: Graduate students must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher in their respective program; therefore, honor status recognition is not applicable.
Students who are receiving honors for the commencement ceremony will be notified via their UHV email. The notification will include instructions on how to pick up their honors cord.
|End of March
|End of October
Find out more about our academic honors policies in the UHV catalog.
- The current diploma size is 11” x 14.”
- Diplomas are ordered once all degrees for the term are awarded.
- Students can anticipate receiving their diploma in 60 days after final grades post are posted.
- Diplomas will be sent in a mailer with cardboard to the most current mailing or diploma address on file.
- Parchment, the diploma provider, will send email notifications to verify your mailing address. You will have 72 hours after receiving the email to confirm your mailing address.
- Additionally, Parchment will send email notifications when diplomas are mailed, allowing you to track the shipment of your diploma.
- It's important to keep contact information updated in myUHV to prevent delays in the shipment process.
Starting January 22, 2024, The University of Houston-Victoria introduced an online diploma service in collaboration with Parchment. This enhanced service allows UHV alumni to conveniently order digital and traditional paper diplomas through Parchment's website.
- All replacement diplomas must be ordered online via Parchment's website.
- There is a $30 fee for all replacement diplomas, excluding the initial diploma sent upon graduation.
- Once your order is completed, you will receive immediate access to a digital diploma, which can be shared on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, or download a PDF copy for your records. The paper diploma will be mailed to you.
Please note that the names and signatures on replacement diplomas will reflect the current Board of Regents Chair, Chancellor, Provost, and President. The Student Records Office cannot issue diplomas with signatures of the former administration.