We're excited to meet you!
The Department of Residence Life (DRL) staff is committed to your development, providing excellent customer service, and providing each resident with the necessary tools to be successful in an ever-changing and diverse society.
National research shows that students who live on campus perform better academically and graduate earlier than their off-campus counterparts, so it is up to each student to take full advantage of this amazing opportunity. Living on campus will provide you with many new freedoms and personal choices, an experience in which you will meet students from across the country and around the globe, develop life-long friendships, and establish a connection to our diverse campus life.
Your home away from home.
Living in campus housing, you will find that we are “more than just a place to live!” We provide facilities, programs, and services that will assist you in achieving your academic goals. Programs are sponsored by our Resident Assistants, Residence Hall Association (RHA), Student Life and student organizations/leaders. Get involved in your community, participate in the various campus activities/programs and become involved in RHA to make a difference in your living community!
Jaguar Hall Freshmen & Upperclassmen
Jaguar Hall is known for it's convenient location and extra amenities. The building offers single or double furnished rooms with a television, private bathroom and rentable Mircochill. Amenities include a dining hall, 11:59 Lounge, large commons area with TVs, computer labs, JP's Market, laundry facility, pool, paid utilities and Wi-Fi.
Jaguar Suites Freshmen & Upperclassman
UHV’s suite-style residence hall. The building offers furnished rooms with bathrooms, televisions, microwaves, and refrigerators. Amenities include a multi-purpose room, computer labs, small group study rooms, commons areas with TVs, a pool, two elevators, laundry facilities & trash collection on each floor, paid utilities and Wi-Fi.
Smith Hall Upperclassmen Only
Smith Hall provides suite accommodates for four students in either shared or private furnished bedrooms and includes a shared living space, kitchenette, and bathrooms. Amenities include computer labs and full kitchens on each floor, a lounge space with TVs, a laundry facility, elevators, paid utilities and Wi-Fi. Plus it's walking distance to campus and the Library!
- First and second-year students under 21 must live on campus, unless exempted.
- Students with sixty (60)+ credit hours or four (4)+ full-time semesters are exempt.
- Exemptions granted for students living with parent/legal guardian within a 50-mile radius of Victoria.
- Students who do not qualify for an exemption based on the above criteria can submit a Housing Exemption Request Form.
- Approval is very rare and only considered given extreme circumstances.
- Students should wait for written notification before making off-campus arrangements.
- Requests should be submitted by July 15 for the fall semester and December 1 for spring semester.
- Exemptions cannot be granted once an agreement is signed and move-in occurs.
- Other possible exemptions: established residency with parent/legal guardian, married, custodial parent of a dependent child (proof required).