Skip to main content
Jaguar Logo


Select Language

Student Support and Services

Financial Aid

How to Apply

UHV administers a wide range of scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study employment for students who qualify. Most programs are available to students enrolled at least half-time, meet satisfactory academic progress stipulations, and demonstrate financial need and/or academic merit. The first step in applying for financial assistance is to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students can also complete the UHV Scholarship Application. The next step is to provide other requested documents as early as possible, since limited funds require that priority be given to the earliest applicants. The FASFA  can be completed online. The University of Houston-Victoria school code is 013231. Financial Aid forms can be printed or electronically submitted or uploaded through the student's myUHV portal.

The priority deadlines for application submission are:

In addition to institutional scholarship funds, UHV offers the following types of aid:

For more details about the programs listed above, information is posted on the UHV Financial Aid website.

Tuition and fee contracts and waivers are handled through the Student Billing Office. A list of waivers and exemptions can be viewed at College for All Texans.

Financial aid correspondence to students is sent to his/her UHV student email account. Steps to set up the email account can be reviewed on the Information Technology website. Students must complete the To Do List items and resolve all holds on their account in myUHV, UHV Self-Service system, so the Office of Financial Aid can continue the student’s financial aid awarding and/or disbursement processes. Financial Aid offers must be accepted or declined on myUHV Self-Service Financial Aid link. Students should periodically check myUHV Self-Service and student email for any changes to his/her financial aid status.

Financial aid recipients who co-enroll at UHV and The Victoria College, Coastal Bend College, Wharton County Junior College, Houston Community College, LoneStar College System, Blinn College or Austin Community College are able to receive financial assistance for the transferable classes and UHV classes by completing a Consortium Agreement Form and providing a copy of the student’s Paid Fee Receipt and Course Schedule. A consortium agreement has also been set up with UH-Main, UH-Clear Lake, and UH-Downtown campuses. The Consortium Agreement Forms are available on the Financial Aid Forms website.

Disbursement of Aid

The first possible date financial aid offers can be disbursed will be the first class day pending that the student’s file is complete and the student meets all the eligibility criteria. If the total financial aid offers are more than the university charges, the refund will be delivered to the student within 14 business days or earlier depending on the refund option the student selected when setting up their refund preference with BankMobile.

Maintaining Financial Aid Eligibility

The university reserves the right to review, revise, or cancel all financial aid at any time due to changes in the student’s financial and/or academic status, changes in enrollment, failure to comply with federal or state laws and regulations, and/or federal or state allocation revisions or legislative changes. For information about the revision or cancellation of financial aid offers, the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy, or the Return of Title IV Funds Policy, please refer to the UHV Financial Aid website.

Students with questions about financial aid should contact the Financial Aid Office or visit our website.

Office of Financial Aid
University West, Suite 110
Hours: Monday – Friday  8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Phone Number (361)570-4125
Fax (361)580-5555