Skip to main content
Jaguar Logo

International Programs


If you are currently on a J-1 visa through UHV and would like to transfer to another institution, you must contact the International Programs Office (IPO) before you leave the university. You will need to provide IPO with the name of your new institution and the phone number and email address of the advisor who oversees the J-1 program there. IPO will contact your new J-1 program sponsor to arrange for the transfer in the Student & Exchange Visitors Information System (SEVIS).

You must transfer before the end date on your DS-2019.