Interactive Television – Interactive Television (ITV) is a class delivery method that allows faculty to teach across two or more distant teaching locations. Through ITV, students from the Victoria and Katy locations can interact with each other and their instructor in real time.
For scheduled academic ITV classes, IT will set up the rooms ahead of time to ensure ample time for troubleshooting and to make sure classes are started on time. These rooms can be utilized for large meetings, subject to room availability. Meetings hosted out of the following rooms will be set up by IT.
Video Conferencing Video conferencing is a technology that allows staff and faculty to hold meetings to other locations with video, audio, and content sharing/collaboration. Video conferencing is achieved by utilizing Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
Hosts and attendees are required to login to the computer with their UHV credentials and start the meeting using Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
Teams- is a unified communication and collaboration platform, provided by Microsoft, that is available to all UHV faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Users can utilize Teams for video conferencing from their offices and conference rooms.
- Teams Live Events - an extension of Microsoft Teams enabling you to produce events that stream to large online audiences.
Zoom- is a video conferencing software. Users with a Zoom license can use the software from their offices and conference rooms. Zoom is also the software UHV utilizes to deliver ITV classes. For more information, please visit our Zoom page.
How to Reserve a Room?
Reserving an ITV classroom for meetings:
ITV classrooms CANNOT be reserved through the UHV public calendar. To check on room availability, email or call the Help Desk (361-570-4399).
- If you have a large meeting and need to utilize an ITV classroom: Submit an ITV Request
- Allow up to five business days lead time to schedule an ITV classroom.
- For ITV in Katy, IT will submit a room request on your behalf to UH.
- Because these meetings will take place in an ITV room, IT staff will set up the technology in the room for you.
Reserving a Conference Room for video conferencing meetings
It is the expectation that video conferencing from a conference room will be setup by the meeting host or attendees.
- To reserve a room for video conference, submit a reservation: University Calendar
- If you need a conference room in Katy, please email Owen Campbell.
- If you need IT assistance with the technology in a conference room, submit the following form with at least 1 business day lead time to ensure proper staffing: AV Support Form.
Please note IT will communicate with the meeting owner and send all meeting information details to the meeting owner.
ITV Capable Classrooms
UC 101 – seating capacity 16
UC 215 – seating capacity 27
UC 302 – seating capacity 30
UC 303 – seating capacity 52
UC 312 – seating capacity 24
UN 111 – seating capacity 60
Katy Teaching Site
KAB1 Room 115 – seating capacity 40
KAB1 Room 116 – seating capacity 40
KAB1 Room 120 – seating capacity 40
KAB1 Room 215 – seating capacity 40
KAB1 Room 216 – seating capacity 40
KAB1 Room 218 – seating capacity 60
Video Conferencing Capable Rooms
Conference Room A, UW223 – seating capacity 23
Conference Room B, UW127 – seating capacity 18
UC122L – seating capacity 8
President’s Conference Room, UC305A – seating capacity 28
Tracy Conference Room, UN212A – seating capacity 12
Katy Teaching Site
Conference room KAB1 206A - seating capacity 10
Conference room KAB1 206K - seating capacity 10
Conference room KAB1 207A - seating capacity 10