Software and Resources
Information Technology provides the following software and resources to all enrolled students at no cost. Please click the links below for additional information.
- Office 365
- Access to Microsoft's Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Suite of software.
- Apps, cloud, download, or a combination. The choice is yours.
- Get your team on the same page with group chat, online meetings, calling, and web conferencing.
- Collaborate on files with built-in Office 365 apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching (formerly Imagine, Dreamspark, and MSDNAA)
- Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching currently available to all students and courses for the active/current semester.
- Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching connects students with the tools, resources and experiences they need to elevate their skills for today's working world.
- Student Loaner Computer Information
- Students that have lost access to a computer during the pandemic can checkout laptops for use.
- More information is available on UHV Library website
- Minimum Computer Specifications for general university academic work:
- Core i5/AMD equivalent
- 4 GB RAM
- 128 GB SSD
- These are guidelines, please check with your degree program to see if there are any program specific computer/technology needs.
- Chromebooks are not compatible with exams that need to be taken via Lockdown Browser. If your class requires examination via Lockdown Browser we recommend either Windows or Mac operating systems.
ListServ is a type of email list management software that simplifies the ability to create and maintain email lists. It allows list owners to send email messages to specific lists of individuals while giving the recipients an option to remain subscribed or unsubscribe from the list.
To view a complete list of all the student listservs, subscribe or unsubscribe, please log into My Apps and click on the ListServ tile.
- Microsoft 365 Training