A wide array of degrees offered at the University of Houston-Victoria require credentials to be licensed in the state of Texas.
The following undergraduate degrees have Texas Education Agency (TEA) requirements that must be met for teacher certification. The requirements are online at www.uhv.edu/education/apply/.
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology – K-12 Physical Education Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Education (BS) – EC-6 Core Subjects Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Education (BS)– Grades 4-8 Core Subjects Certification
- BS in Education degree plans can also include EC-12 Special Education or EC-12 English as a Second Language.
The following graduate degrees have TEA requirements that must be met.
- Master of Education (MED) in Administration and Supervision with Emphasis on Principal Certification. Requirements: uhv.edu/education/graduate-degrees/administration-and-supervision/principal-certification/
- MED in Administration and Supervision with an Emphasis on Superintendent Certification. Requirements: uhv.edu/education/graduate-degrees/administration-and-supervision/superintendent-certification/
- MS in Professional Counseling – Professional School Counseling. Requirements: Must meet TEA requirement of two (2) school years of classroom teaching experience in a public or accredited private school.
- MED – Elementary Education (EC-8) with Teacher Certification. Requirements: uhv.edu/education/graduate-degrees/curriculum-and-instruction/teacher-certification/elementary-degree-plan/
- MED – Secondary Education Concentration with Teacher Certification. Requirements: uhv.edu/education/graduate-degrees/curriculum-and-instruction/teacher-certification/secondary-degree-plan/
- MED – ESL/TESOL Concentration with Teacher Certification. Requirements: uhv.edu/education/graduate-degrees/curriculum-and-instruction/teacher-certification/esltesol-degree-plan/.
- MED – Literacy Studies – Reading Specialist Concentration. Requirements: uhv.edu/education/graduate-degrees/curriculum-and-instruction/literacy-reading-specialist/degree-plan/
- Master of Education in Special Education and Diagnostician Certification. Requirements: uhv.edu/education/graduate-degrees/special-education/diagnostician-certification/
All degree programs (both undergraduate and graduate level) with TEA requirements will require the student to take and pass the required certification exam(s).