Frequently Asked Questions
You can find links to the full text the University of Houston System Sexual Misconduct Policy and the Anti-Discrimination Policy at the bottom of this page.
Please select the relevant subsection for further information, or contact the Title IX and Equal Opportunity Coordinator. The question links below will open to a new page of this section under the listed category:
Title IX Questions (Sexual Misconduct)
- What is Title IX?
- Where can I find sexual misconduct policies?
- What are some of the campus policies about consent to sexual activity?
- What conduct is prohibited?
- What does Title IX mean for UHV?
- What is the role of the Title IX Coordinator?
- Who is the Title IX Coordinator?
- What are the University's obligations when it has notice of a sexual misconduct related incident?
- Does the sexual misconduct policy only cover students?
- What do I do if I know of or have experienced sexual misconduct?
Questions about Reports (Sexual Misconduct)
- What is the difference between a report of a concern and a formal complaint?
- What happens if I file a formal sexual misconduct complaint?
- Does the Title IX report remain confidential?
- Can a Title IX formal complaint remain confidential?
- What if I want to remain anonymous?
- Do I have to name the alleged perpetrator?
- What happens if I file a criminal or police report?
- What do I do if I am accused of sexual misconduct?
- What are my rights if I am accused of committing sexual misconduct?
- How can I file a University police report?
Student Questions (Sexual Misconduct)
- What do I do if my friend was sexually assaulted?
- Will my parents be told?
- What if I was drinking alcohol and I am underage? Will I get in trouble for that if I report?
- What about changing residence hall rooms or changing classes?
Employee Questions (Sexual Misconduct)
- What is my role as an employee?
- What should I do if I receive a report?
- If I get a report from a student, what questions should I ask?
- If I get a report from another employee, what should I do?
- What do I do if I was raped or sexually assaulted?
- How do I get medical care and do I have to file a police report to get a forensic sexual assault exam?
- What should I expect during the sexual assault medical exam?
- Do I have to pay for a sexual assault medical exam?
- What are my rights in disciplinary proceedings after a sexual assault?
- Where can I find equal opportunity policies?
- What is the role of the Equal Opportunity Coordinator?
- Who is the Equal Opportunity Coordinator?
- What are the obligations of the University under the UH System Anti-Discrimination Policy?
- Where do I find information about the complaint process, confidentiality, sanctions, appeals and other relevant procedures?
- What are student rights?
- What types of conditions does the Anti-Discrimination Policy cover?
- What role does gender play?
- How to start the accommodation process?
- What are the different types of accommodations?
- Who determines medical necessity?
- When may extended parenting accommodations apply?
- As a faculty member, should I collect student medical documents?
University of Houston System Sexual Misconduct Policy (or see ).