University of Houston-Victoria

Student Affairs

Types of Problems


The Complaints Form relates to issues you may be having with instructors, advisors, staff, departments, dining services, facilities, student organizations, parking, shuttles, inaccurate information, etc. Complaints and grievances are the last resort, when working within normal processes is not getting results. Complaints and grievances must be resolved by working with the area of the university most closely related to the issue.

Non-Academic Appeals

Non-Academic Appeals forms should be used for issues related to class registration, financial aid satisfactory academic progress, parking violations, meal plan refunds, and tuition refunds.

Student Conduct

Incident Reports should be submitted when unacceptable conduct for students of the University is observed. These reports will be resolved according to the Student Code of Conduct outlined in the Student Handbook.

Title IX (Sexual Misconduct) or Equal Opportunity (Discrimination and Harassment)

To file a Title IX or Equal Opportunity Formal Complaint, submit a completed Formal Complaint Questionnaire in person, via email, or mail to the Title IX and Equal Opportunity Coordinator. The Formal Complaint Questionnaire can be found on the Title IX Office website. The Title IX and Equal Opportunity Coordinator is available to answer questions about policies and the complaint process prior to the filing of a formal complaint.