COVID-19 Course Syllabi Addendum
Face Covering Policy
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, the University is encouraging the use of face coverings on campus including classrooms for both faculty and students.
Required Daily Health Self-Assessment
Your presence in class each session means that you have completed a daily self-assessment of your health/exposure and you:
- Are NOT exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19
- Have NOT tested positive for COVID-19 or if you have tested positive, you HAVE been released from your doctor and can return to classes.
- Have NOT knowingly been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or suspected/presumed COVID-19
If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms that are not clearly related to a pre-existing medical condition, do not come to class.
Excused Absence Policy
Regular class attendance, participation, and engagement in coursework are important contributors to student success. Absences may be excused for reasons including: medical illness of student or close relative, death of a close family member, legal or government proceeding that a student is obligated to attend, recognized professional and educational activities where the student is presenting, and University-sponsored activity or athletic competition. Attendance in a synchronous class (for classes that are hybrid/online or online/synchronous) count as class attendance.
Due to the changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that the instructor may need to make modifications to the course syllabus and may do so at any time. Notice of such changes will be announced as quickly as possible through Bb classes and/or UHV email.
Email communications related to this course will be sent to your UHV email account, which each University of Houston-Victoria student receives, and/or through Blackboard classes.
Access to a webcam is required for students participating remotely in courses. Webcams must be turned on when requested by your instructor and may also be required during exams to ensure the academic integrity.
Course Delivery Formats and Final Exams
- Face-to-Face / Synchronous Online Courses: Synchronous online class meetings will take place according to the class schedule. These courses may have a final exam which will be delivered in the synchronous online format, and the specified date and time will be announced during the courses.
- Asynchronous Online Courses: These courses are taught asynchronously, which means there is no designated day or time assigned to the course (although optional synchronous sessions are possible, such as virtual office hours or discussion groups). Asynchronous instruction generally involves accessing content, such as recorded video lectures, readings, discussion prompts, assignments, and assessments during a flexible time frame, with due dates as specified. These courses may have a final exam at the course conclusion. The exams will be asynchronous, and the date and time that it will be released and due will be announced during the courses. Prior to the exam, descriptive information, such as the number and types of exam questions, resources and collaborations that are allowed and disallowed in the process of completing the exam, and procedures to follow if connectivity or other resource obstacles are encountered during the exam period, may be provided.
Health Services: https://www.uhv.edu/counseling/health-services/