The Cabinet assists the President in:
- Formulating university plans and policies.
- Meeting the educational needs of the region.
- Establishing a campus atmosphere that builds strong working relationships with students, staff and faculty and addresses campus and statewide concerns.
- Developing and managing the university's fiscal resources.
- Participating in UH System, statewide, and local activities.
- Developing and sustaining relationships with legislators.
Meeting minutes are kept for each meeting when the Cabinet Members meet.