English as a Second Language Online
International students must meet the English Proficiency Requirement (EPR) in order to be admitted to an academic program at UHV. You can meet this requirement from the comfort of your own home through the English as a Second Language Online (ESL Online) program.
No matter what your native language is, you can complete ESL Online in the comfort of your own home for an affordable cost before you come to the U.S. The program is made of interactive modules where students can interact with real teachers through webcam and video. If you are not able to complete the modules in one semester (four months), you can register for extra semesters until you complete the program. ESL Online is a quick and convenient way to learn and practice English.
ESL Online is a mix of technology learning and human practice with a real teacher. While using ESL Online, you can record videos of yourself and practice your skills in a real-life situation. The program's highly trained coaches watch these videos and record a video in response to give instruction and encouragement to help you succeed.
After finishing ESL Online, you can start a UHV degree on our campus. If you meet the admissions requirements, we will send you an admission letter and immigration documents to obtain your student visa.
To Apply for ESL Online and Conditional Admissions:
- First complete the application to UHV at ApplyTexas
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions or assistance
- Tell the International Programs Office that you want to register for ESL Online
- Register online to take ESL Online Program
- Submit the required documents
- Official Transcripts
- Cost of attendance is $2400 for 6 weeks to complete all modules. If students are not able to complete all modules in6 week, students can enroll again for additional 6 week clocks of $2400 each.
- F-1 Student Agreement Form
- Cost of Attenance Funding for F-1 students
- Letter of Financial Sponsorship Form
- Once you've submitted all the required documents, your admissions decision will be made within 3-4 business days
- UHV International Programs will issue you a conditional admission letter
- Complete ESL Online before the deadline of each semester
- After finishing ESL Online, International Programs will issue your I-20 along with your acceptance letter
- Apply for F-1 student U.S. visa
- We will help you understand this process after you finish ESL Online.