Residence Hall Association
“Let your voice be heard by joining RHA!”
RHA is a non-profit, elected, governing body for the Residence Halls here at UHV. The purpose of RHA is to promote communication between the Department of Residence Life (DRL) and the Residents. RHA is also the driving force of change within the Residence Halls. If you have a specific need or request from students for the DRL, RHA acts as that voice for the student body concerning all things housing. Here are some things RHA can do for you:
- Change Housing Policies and create expectations
- Plan and implement large and small scale events to help promote community with in the halls
- Members can attend Regional and National Leadership Conferences
- Report building issues and offer suggestions for improvement with-in the halls
- Lead a leadership conference for students in the residence hall
- Any other things which you would like to see done with-in the halls
Below are the leadership positions offered by RHA:
- Vice President
- Program Coordinator
- Historian/National Communication’s Coordinator (NCC)
Even if these positions do not interest you, as a resident living in the halls, you are a member of RHA and can attend general body meetings to voice your concerns or issues.
If you have any questions or want to run for a leadership position, feel free to email the Interim Assistant Director of Residence Life and RHA Advisor Camilla Sutton. Her email is email@example.com and her phone is 361-485-4402. We look forward to having you on-campus and remember to: Live.Inspire.Fulfill.Excel with Residence Life!