University of Houston-Victoria

Financial Aid

Waivers and Third Party Contracts

Waivers and Exemptions

An exemption or a waiver is a reduction of all or part of a student's tuition and fee bill (i.e. not through normal financial aid programs or scholarships). Waivers are considered a financial resource and go towards the cost of attendance. 

Students that are qualified to receive a waiver or exemption should submit all necessary paperwork to Student Billing, University West Building Room 114, Victoria, TX, 77901-5731, e-mail it, or fax it to (361)580-5522.

For a complete listing of all the waivers and exemptions available to students and for additional information on the waivers and tuition programs, consult the Student Billing Office and College for All Texans.

Educational Aide Exemption (Section 54.363 Texas Education Code)

To encourage certain Educational Aides to complete a full teacher certification program, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board is providing need-based exemptions for the payment of tuition and certain mandatory fees at Texas public institutions of higher education.  Visit the College for all Texans website for eligibility requirements and applications.

Third Party Contracts

Agencies outside the University may set up third-party billing arrangements that pay for all or part of a student's tuition and fees. The student will be billed for any amount not covered by the third party. Information can be found on the Student Billing website, select Payment Options then Third Party Contracts.