Avoiding Scholarship Scams
Nine ways to avoid scholarship scams are:
- Never pay a Scholarship Application Fee.
- Don't give out phone numbers.
- Scholarship criteria says it is "open to everyone".
- Scholarship scams do not post past winners.
- They may have a fake nonprofit or federal status.
- Scholarship scams request personal financial information.
- Scholarship site says "You are guaranteed to win a scholarship" that you did not apply for.
- Scams claims that they will "do all the work for you".
- They may claim that the Search Fees will give you additional information you can't get anywhere else.