Access for Spring courses starts Tuesday, January 22, 2019 (in accordance with the UHV class schedule)
The UHV Blackboard system is currently unavailable. The UH Main Campus is investigating the issue and hopes to have the problem resolved soon. Please visit this website for additional updates and other important information.
The Blackboard system upgrade has been completed by the UH Main Campus and Blackboard is once again available to all users. Blackboard users will experience new accessibility and web responsiveness features in Blackboard along with a new look and feel. Additional updates regarding the status of Blackboard will be made available on this website. We apologize for any inconvenience this extended maintenance may have caused, and thank you for your patience.
January 4, 2019 10:56 AM - Extended Blackboard Maintenance
The Blackboard system upgrade scheduled to be completed today at 10:00 a.m. has been extended by the UH Main Campus. The UH Main Campus is working to resolve an issue with the upgrade. Additional updates regarding the status of Blackboard will be made available on this website. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The UHV Faculty Awards Committee requests your assistance in identifying the annual Teaching Excellence Award winner for 2019. The Teaching Excellence Award is given to one UHV faculty member annually in recognition of excellent teaching. Only students may nominate a faculty member for this prestigious award, so your input is critical to the process.
Complete your nomination form here:
The deadline for the nomination process is 11:59 PM on Friday, March 15, 2019.
The TurnItIn vendor will be performing maintenance Saturday, January 5, 2019, all day. Users will be unable to submit and grade via the TurnItIn feature in Blackboard during this maintenance window. Access to the Blackboard system will still be available; however, UHV faculty, adjuncts, and students won't be able to use the TurnItIn feature in Blackboard. Please visit this website for additional and important updates regarding this maintenance.
The UH Main Campus will upgrade Blackboard to the latest release on Friday, January 4, 2019, from 2:00 to 10:00 a.m. Users won’t have access to Blackboard during this time. After, 10:00 a.m. on Friday, January 4, 2019, all users should be able to log back into and access the UHV Blackboard system. A new Blackboard Learn 2016 theme will be applied to improve accessibility and web responsiveness and design, so users will experience a new look and feel in Blackboard after the upgrade is completed. Please visit this website for additional and important updates regarding this maintenance.
The UHV Blackboard system will be unavailable Thursday, December 20, 2018, through Friday, December 21, 2018. The UH Main Campus will be performing maintenance on the Blackboard database and users will be unable to log into and access the Blackboard system. On Saturday, December 22, 2018, users will be able to log back into and access the UHV Blackboard system. Please visit this website for additional and important updates regarding this maintenance.
TurnItIn reports that they have resolved the issue with the service interruptions, and no additional service interruptions are anticipated. UHV Blackboard users should be able to access and use the TurnItIn Service without any issues. Please visit this website for important updates, and we apologize for any inconvenience.November 8, 2018 10:07 AM - TurnItIn Service Interruption Reported by Vendor
TurnItIn is reporting a general service interruption error that may affect users in the UHV Blackboard system. Faculty and instructors may find that they cannot access TurnItIn assignments and students may encounter issues trying to submit TurnItIn assignments. The vendor has not provided a specific timeframe as to when the issue will be resolved, so please visit this website for important updates, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
The deadline for the UHV Spring 2019 graduation application is Friday, February 8, 2019.
Date: Friday, February 8, 2019
Please complete the following steps:
- Apply online at http://www.uhv.edu/myuhv/.
- Choose UHV Self Service.
- Select Degree Progress/Graduation.
- Select Apply for Graduation.
The UHV Spring 2019 semester begins Tuesday, January 22, 2019. Please review the important Spring 2019 semester information below regarding the UHV Blackboard system.
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019: first day new students registered for Blackboard online courses for the Spring regular & 8W1 terms can log into Blackboard
- Tuesday, January 22, 2019: first day students can access Blackboard online course information for the Spring regular & 8W1 terms
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019: first day new students registered for Blackboard online courses for the Spring 8W2 term can log into Blackboard
- Monday, March 25, 2019: first day students can access Blackboard onlinecourse information for the Spring 8W2 term
- Not sure if you are registered for a regular, 8W1, or 8W2 term course...check the UHV course offerings page and search for your specific course to find out
- To resolve issues, confirm you're successfully registered for a Blackboard online course, you're accessing information on the correct date (see above), you've changed your pre-expired password, and you've tested your browser; check with your Online Support Technician for help and assistance
- For information regarding course evaluations, please visit the UHV course evaluations website.
Users still experiencing issues logging into Blackboard from this website should try logging into Blackboard directly at https://elearning.uhv.edu/. Below are additional Blackboard troubleshooting steps that can be completed when encountering errors in the Blackboard system:
- Test your browser and resolve any issues indicated on the “Browser Checker” page
- Switch browsers (Firefox, Google Chrome, Windows Edge)
- Clear you browser’s cache
- Try using Safe Mode with your browser (e.g., https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode)
- Try using a separate or different device (e.g., if on campus, try using one of the computers in the computer labs or library)
- Screen capture the error you are receiving and send this to your Technology Specialists for your particular school
- Use the Blackboard Request form to send a description of the issue you encounter to your Technology Specialists for resolution
Please visit this website for important updates and other information. We apologize for any inconvenience.
January 18, 2017 3:03 PM - UPDATE - Some UHV Students Reporting Delay with Course Enrollments in Blackboard
The UH Main Campus is closely monitoring the UHV enrollments for the UHV Blackboard system. Currently, the UH Main Campus reports that the process seems to be running properly, but they will continue to monitor. Additional updates and other important information will be made available on this website.