Literacy Studies Concentration Degree Plan
Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Literacy Studies Concentration
Core: 6 semester hours
- CUIN 6332 Education in a Diverse Society
- FEDU 6321 Foundations of Educational Research
Major Concentration: 24 semester hours
- LITY 6331 Instruction for Students with Literacy Difficulties*
- LITY 6332 Teacher Literacy Leadership & Critical Policy Action
- LITY 6333 Foundations of Writing for 21st Century Learning
- LITY 6334 Foundations of Developmental Reading*
- LITY 6340 Professional Literacy Research
- LITY 6360 Framework for Literacies Learning
- LITY 6362 Assessment of Multi-Literacies Learning*
- LITY 6363 New and Traditional Literacies Across the Content Areas
For additional requirements for the Reading Specialist Certification, see Certification and Professional Development.
* Courses that focus on dyslexia. Go to Dyslexia Graduate Education Certificate to learn how you can earn this new UHV certificate.
Total: 30 semester hours
- Master’s Comprehension exam
Official degree plan will need to be completed with your Faculty Advisor and Educator Preparation Office (EPO) staff. All required signatures must be recorded before it is official.
For more information about the program, or questions contact us:
University West Suite 213
Phone: (361) 570-4371 or toll free (877) 970-4848 x4371
Fax: (361) 580-5580