Certification and Professional Development

Move forward and meet the demands in your chosen career. 

Certification Preparation

Notifications for All Certification Areas

 I want to become a Teacher  ...

  • and I have graduated high school.

    The world needs good teachers with solid credentials. And that’s where you come in. If teaching is your calling, then UHV’s Texas Teacher Certification program is here for you, making sure you get the education and required State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) credentials you need to make a difference in classrooms all over Texas.
    Explore your options and requirements.

  • and I already have a bachelor’s degree.

    Post-Baccalaureate Certification

    If you already have a bachelor’s degree, you can take this path and gain certification without having to obtain another undergraduate degree. Some students work as teachers while they earn this certification and others choose to student teach in their final semester.

    Victoria Online Initial Certification for Educators (VOICE) Program

    Earn certification for $4567 in tuition and fees.

    *Books and supplies not included

    You already have your bachelor’s degree and want to earn your teacher certification online in one year while earning graduate-level credit toward a master’s degree. Complete an internship while in the program or student teach in your spring semester.

I want to become a Principal  ...

I want to become a Superintendent  ...

I want to become a Reading Specialist  ...

I want to become a Educational Diagnostician ...

I want to become a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) ...

Explore your options for meeting the educational requirements to become Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs) in Texas with our Master of Science Degree in Professional Counseling.
The M.S. programs in Professional School Counseling and Clinical Mental Health Counseling at the University of Houston-Victoria are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).


Professional Development

Earn Dyslexia Graduate Education Certificate

This certificate is for educators who want to better serve the needs of students with dyslexia.

Earn Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits

Attend one of our upcoming workshops, conferences, or register for a certificate program to:

  • further your career
  • receive Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits or
  • expand your parental toolbox used to champion your student.