Interview Rubric for Admission to Teacher-Education Program
Each category will be assigned a value from 1 to 5.
1 – Unsatisfactory*
4 – Developed
5 – Proficient
*Scores of 1 will include Evidence for Unsatisfactory Ratings
- Caring Disposition and Ethical Responsibility
- displays positive attitudes
- evidence of honesty and trustworthiness
- makes minimal or no grammatical errors
- vocabulary is professional
- clear articulation when speaking
- Knowledgeable and Reflective
- can discuss global issues and the impact on education
- has awareness of current trends in education
- can discuss personal leadership
- sets reasonable personal goals
- Experiences with Diversity
- articulates need for accepting people as individuals
- acknowledges the impact of diverse cultures on the world
Points from each category will added together for up to 25 point total.
- 0-5 points = Unsatisfactory
- 6-10 = Emerging
- 11-15 = Basic
- 16-20 = Developed
- 21-25 = Proficient
Candidates must receive a minimum of 15 points to pass the interview.
Each of the two Faculty Interviewers will indicate on their form their decision to:
- "Not Admit".
Interviewers also will be able to include comments.