Professor of Marketing
Phone: (281) 396-3731
Office: UHV at Katy 3-61
Dr. Ziad Swaidan earned a Ph.D. in Marketing from the University of Mississippi in 1999. Since joining the UHV faculty in 2003, he has been the recipient of the Distinguish Faculty Service Award (2011), the Enron Teaching Excellence Award (2009) and the Research Excellence Award (2006), the three top awards available to UHV faculty. His students describe him as knowledgeable, dedicated, and inspirational.
Dr. Swaidan's research focuses on international marketing and consumer ethics. Over the last fifteen years he has published extensively in such well-regarded academic journals as the Journal of Business Ethics, International Business Review, Journal of Global Marketing, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, and Journal of Education for Business. During this time, Dr. Swaidan has collaborated on research with more than 35 scholars, seven of them his colleagues at UHV. Dr. Swaidan research has been cited by well over 500 scholars from across the globe as of June 2016. Some of these citations have appeared in excellent journals such as the Journal of Business Ethics and the Journal of Global Marketing.
Dr. Swaidan has an extensive record of professional, institutional and community service. In addition to his institutional service activities, Dr. Swaidan has served as a reviewer, discussant, session chair, and/or track chair for selected conferences, and an ad hoc reviewer for outstanding journals. For the last few years, he has served on the editorial review board of the Journal of Teaching in International Business, and on the advisory board for The Business Review,The Journal of American Academy of Business, and several prestigious academic conferences.
In recognition of his scholarly achievements, Dr. Swaidan received the 2015 Partnership Professor Award from the School of Business Administration, UHV.
- PhD - University of Mississippi, Marketing, 1999
- MPA - West Texas A&M University, 1993
Courses Taught at UHV
- IBUS 4325 - International Marketing
- MKTG 3303 - Principles of Marketing
- MKTG 4312 - Promotion Management
- MKTG 4313 - Marketing Research
- MKTG 4325 - International Marketing
- MKTG 4340 - Marketing Management
- MKTG 6352 - Strategic Marketing Management
- MKTG 6371 - Seminar in Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 6372 - Marketing Research
- MKTG 6375 - Seminar in Integrated Marketing Communication
- MKTG 6377 - International Marketing
- QMSC 6351 - Statistics and Research Methods