Yong Gyo Lee
Yong Gyo Lee
Associate Professor of Accounting
Phone: (281) 396-3736
Office: UHV at Katy 3-67
Dr. Yong-Gyo Lee earned a PhD in Accounting from Georgia State University. He taught in Korea prior to joining the University of Houston-Victoria. Dr. Lee is past editor-in-chief of the Accounting Information Review and currently on the Executive Editorial Board of Intellectbase International Consortium. He also served as the Vice President of the Korean Accounting Information Association.
Dr. Lee has published over a dozen articles in academic journals including the Global Finance Review, Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, and Accounting Information Review. He has presented his research in numerous academic conferences including the American Accounting Association, Financial Management Association, and the Asian Finance Association. Dr. Lee is a recipient of several research grants from various organizations that include the University of Houston-Victoria and the Korea Research Foundation. Additionally, he has written five books including Financial Reporting and Analysis, and An Internet Guide for Starting a New Business.
Dr. Lee's extensive experience in consulting began in the late 1990's when the major financial crisis hit Asia. He was passionate about promoting small endeavors by college graduates. As a small business specialist, he provided consulting services to a number of business start-ups, as well as developing web contents to benefit entrepreneurs. He also provided management advisory services to many public and private companies including Zio Interactive and Seoul Water Work Co.
Dr. Lee is currently an active member of the American Accounting Association, Finance Management Association and the Asian Finance Association. He is also a faculty member working with two honor societies, Beta Gamma Sigma and Phi Kappa Phi. Dr. Lee was also selected for inclusion to the Who's Who in America and Who's Who in Finance and Business.
- PhD - Georgia State University, Accounting, 1993
- MBA - Texas Tech University, Accounting, 1987
Courses Taught at UHV
- ACCT 3311 - Costs and Budgets
- ACCT 3312 - Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCT 3313 - Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCT 4321 - Auditing
- ACCT 4331 - Advanced Accounting
- ACCT 6351 - Financial Reporting and Analysis
- ACCT 6352 - Strategic Cost Management
- ACCT 6371 - Advanced Auditing
- ACCT 6377 - International Accounting
Honors and Achievements
- 2009: Academic Excellence Award, 2009 International Academic Conference, Intellectbase International Consortium, Dallas, TX, March 19-21, 2009. - Academic Excellence
- 2009: Faculty Member of an honorary society of business - Beta Gamma Sigma - UHV Chapter
- 2006: Who's Who in American Education, 7th Edition (2006), U.S.A. - Marquis
- 2006: Who's Who in Finance and Business, 35th Edition (2006), U.S.A. - Marquis
- 2003: Who's Who in America, 58th Edition (2003), U.S.A. - Marquis
- 2002: Faculty member of the honor society - Phi Kappa Phi UHV Chapter
- 2002: Faculty member of the national honor society of scientists - Sigma Xi
- 2000: Outstanding Service Award, for services as an Editor-in-Chief of the Accounting Information Review for the period 1999-2000. - Korean Accounting Information Association
- 1994: Best Paper Award, The information contents of the disclosures of the leveraged buyouts - Korean Accounting Information Association