Professor of Finance
Phone: (281) 396-3742
Office: UHV at Katy 3-74
Dr. Ning joined the University of Houston-Victoria School of Business Administration in 2004, shortly after receiving his PhD degree in Finance from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale.
Courses taught by Dr. Ning include Financial Management, Financial Modeling, and International Finance at both graduate and undergraduate levels. His research interests include corporate finance, corporate governance, investments, venture capital, and international finance. He has published many research papers in high-quality academic and professional journals including the Financial Review, Journal of Empirical Finance, Journal of Financial Research, Small Business Economics, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Journal of Economics and Finance, and Journal of Management and Governance. Additionally, Dr. Ning has published several book chapters.
Dr. Ning has presented his research work in various national and international business and finance conferences, including the Financial Management Association (FMA) Annual Meeting, the Eastern Finance Association (EFA) Annual Meeting, the Annual Meeting of Midwest Finance Association, and the Asian Finance Association Annual Meeting, and more. He is also a member of several academic associations, and has served as a reviewer of academic journals in his research field.
- PhD - Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Finance, 2004
- MS - Tsinghua University, Economics, 1997
Courses Taught at UHV
- FINC 3304 - Business Finance
- FINC 4325 - International Finance
- FINC 4369 - Cases in Finance
- FINC 6300 - Selected Topics in Finance
- FINC 6352 - Financial Management
- FINC 6363 - Financial Modeling
- FINC 6367 - International Finance
- IBUS 4331 - International Finance
- QMSC 6351 - Statistics and Research Methods