Associate Professor of Accounting
Phone: (281) 396-3756
Office: UHV at Katy 3-88
Dr. Yingxu Kuang earned her DBA in accounting from Louisiana Tech University. Prior to joining the University of Houston-Victoria, she was an assistant professor of accounting at the College of Saint Rose in Albany, New York. She has taught various courses in the areas of financial accounting, managerial accounting, not-for-profit accounting, and auditing at Louisiana Tech University, College of Saint Rose, and UHV. Dr. Kuang is a Certified Public Accountant in China and has worked as a financial manager for a Chinese securities firm for three years.
Dr. Kuang's current research interests include tax policy, financial accounting theory and pedagogical research. Dr. Kuang has published several articles in academic journals including Advances in Accounting and Southern Economic Journal.
Dr. Kuang is an active member of The American Accounting Association and The American Taxation Association. She has also served as a college coordinator and volunteer tax preparer for the IRS volunteer income tax assistance (VITA) program.
- DBA - Louisiana Tech University, Accounting/Quantitative Analysis and Economics, 2008
- MBA - Louisiana Tech University, Accounting, 2007
- MAcc - Hunan University, Accounting/Auditing, 2001
Courses Taught at UHV
- ACCT 4321 - Auditing
- ACCT 6351 - Financial Reporting and Analysis
- ACCT 6352 - Strategic Cost Management
- ACCT 6371 - Advanced Auditing
- ACCT 6374 - Seminar in Accounting Ethics