Associate Professor of Accounting
Phone: (832) 600-0432
Office: UHV at Katy 3-87
Dr. Wei-Chih Chiang earned his DBA in accounting from Louisiana Tech University. Prior to joining the University of Houston-Victoria in 2010, he was an assistant professor of accounting at Texas A&M International University in Laredo, Texas. His teaching and research interests are primarily in taxation. Previously, Dr. Chiang was an attorney and practiced law in Taiwan. He holds a CPA license.
Dr. Chiang has published several articles in academic journals such as Advances in Accounting, Advances in Accounting Behavioral Research, and Managerial Finance. He has also published numerous technical articles in leading professional journals including Journal of Accountancy, The CPA Journal, The Tax Adviser, Tax Notes, Taxes- the Tax Magazine, and Practical Tax Strategies. Dr. Chiang's key research interests focus primarily in the field of taxes; most specifically on court case analysis, tax policy, and behavioral tax.
Dr. Chiang is a member of The American Accounting Association and The American Taxation Association. Previously, he received a research award at the International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines and a Best Paper award at the American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences. He was also selected to receive the Judith Liebman Award from the Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences.
In recognition of his scholarly achievements, Dr. Chiang received the 2013 Partnership Professor Award from the School of Business Administration, UHV.
- DBA - Louisiana Tech University, Accounting, 2008
- MS - University of Texas at Dallas, Taxation, 2004
- MBA - Wayland Baptist University, Accounting, 1995
Courses Taught at UHV
- ACCT 2301 - Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACCT 2302 - Principles of Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 3303 - Financial Statement Analysis
- ACCT 4311 - Principles of Federal Income Taxation
- ACCT 6300 - Selected Topics in Accounting (Corporate Taxation)
- ACCT 6351 - Financial Reporting and Analysis
- ACCT 6372 - Advanced Studies in Taxation
Honors and Achievements
- 2007: Judith Liebman Award - Institute For Operations Research and Management Sciences