Associate Professor of Economics
Phone: (281) 396-3737
Office: UHV at Katy 3-68
Dr. Vera Adamchik received her MS and PhD in Business and Economics at Lehigh University in Pennsylvania. Her research work has been almost exclusively centered on Labor Economics and Transition Economics. Much of her research examines the nature of the labor market, the determinants of wages and unemployment, and the economic transformation of Eastern and Central Europe.
Dr. Adamchik's research work has been published in the Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Labour Economics, Economics of Transition, International Journal of Manpower, Rynek Pracy (Labor Market), and other academic journals. She has also been involved in several initiatives in transition countries and has been active as a research fellow in the Central and East European Economic Research Center (CEEERC) in Warsaw, Poland.
Dr. Adamchik has received numerous awards including an Outstanding Research Award from the Global Conference on Business and Finance. She is also a recipient of the 2009-2010 Enron Teaching Excellence Award.
- PhD - Lehigh University, Business and Economics, 1999
- MS - Lehigh University, Economics, 1995
Courses Taught at UHV
- BUSI 3303 - Business Statistics
- ECON 6351 - Economics for Managers
- ECON 6367 - Global Economics
- QMSC 6351 - Statistics and Research Methods
Honors and Achievements
- 2010: Honorable Mention for the Second Annual General Business Conference at Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, TX, April 2010 - the 2010 Second Annual General Business Conference
- 2010: The 2010 Teaching Excellence Award - University of Houston-Victoria
- 2006: Outstanding Research Award (certificate and plaque) - Global Conference on Business and Finance
- 2002: Research Grant - UHV