Associate Professor of Management
Phone: (281) 396-3750
Office: UHV at Katy 3-82
Dr. Ronald Salazar received his PhD from the University of Texas at Austin and has been a consultant on strategic management and technology to numerous private and public sector organizations. He has consulted and taught executive programs for such diverse organizations as British Petroleum, Societe Generale, Shell Oil Co., Exxon/Mobil, Accenture, AMOCO, The Kroger Co., Metamor Worldwide, Corestaff, M.D. Anderson, The Memorial Herman System, National Alarm Technologies, Fiesta Mart, The Government of Saudi Arabia and Mexico's export bank, BANCOMEXT. He has also been instrumental in organizing training classes with executives from Europe, Africa, and Latin America in both English and Spanish.
Prior to joining The University of Houston-Victoria, Dr. Salazar taught at the University's Central Campus, the University of Texas, and Idaho State University. Previously, he was a member of the research faculty of Escuela de Graduados en Administración y Dirección de Empresas at the Instituto Technológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey ITESM, Monterrey, N.L., Mexico. He has taught Leadership, Managing Organizational Change, and Operations Management, as well as Corporate Strategy at the EMBA, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Dr. Salazar's research interests include strategic management and the management of technology. His has published in leading academic journals including the British Journal of Management, International Journal of Applied Business Research, and The Business Review. He has also authored numerous cases and book chapters.
Dr. Salazar has extensive experience with strategic and tactical planning, management consulting, and the integration of the theoretical into practical business applications. For over twenty years, his consulting endeavors have focused on helping executives develop highly competitive organizations.
- PhD - University of Texas at Austin, Business Administration, 1990
- MBA - Southwest Texas State University, 1982
Courses Taught at UHV
- HCAD 4352 - Healthcare Information Systems Management
- MGMT 3303 - Principles of Management
- MGMT 3306 - Operations & Supply Chain Management
- MGMT 4305 - Leadership
- MGMT 4308 - Strategy and the Business Environment
- MGMT 4309 - Strategic Management
- MGMT 4311 - Human Resources Management
- MGMT 4325 - Organizational Change
- MGMT 6300 - Selected Topics in Management
- MGMT 6352 - Management Information Systems
- MGMT 6354 - Leadership and Organizational Change
- MGMT 6355 - Operations Management: Creating Competitive Advantages
- MGMT 6359 - Seminar in Strategic Management