Associate Professor of Economics
Phone: (281) 396-3753
Office: UHV at Katy 3-85
Dr. Massomeh Hajilee joined the faculty of UHV in August 2010. She earned her PhD in Economics in 2010 from the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee and her Master's in International Affairs with a concentration in Economic Policy Management from Columbia University. She completed her undergraduate degree in Economics at the Tehran University. She also received a scholarship award for the master's program in International Affairs at Columbia University from The World Bank in 1997.
Prior to coming to UHV, she was a visiting lecturer at the University of Wisconsin at Whitewater and an instructor and adjunct lecturer in the Department of Economics, Lubar School of Business at the University of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. Her research focuses on topics in applied macroeconomics, international economics, and economic development and growth.
Dr. Hajilee has received specialized training in several areas of macroeconomics and public finance from the International Monetary Fund, and the World Bank and Bank of England. She has published articles in several academic journals including Economic Systems, Applied Economics, Global Business and Economic Review, and theJournal of Post Keynesian Economics.
Dr. Hajilee is a member of the American Economic Association and Midwest Economic Association.
In recognition of her scholarly achievements, Dr. Hajilee received the 2012 Partnership Professor Award from the School of Business Administration, UHV.
- PhD - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Economics, 2010
- MIA - Columbia University, Economic Policy Management, 1999
Courses Taught at UHV
- ECON 4316 - International Economics
- ECON 6351 - Economics for Managers
- ECON 6367 - Global Economics
- QMSC 6351 - Statistics and Research Methods
Honors and Achievements
- 2012: 2012 Partnership Professor of Economics. - School of Business Administration-University of Houston Victoria
- 2012: Recipient of Research Awards, September 2012. - Bloomberg Businessweek Research Award
- 2011: 2011 : summer research grant-UHV-SBA. - UHV