Professor of Management
Phone: (281) 396-3763
Office: UHV at Katy 3-99
Dr. June Lu earned her doctoral degree in Business Education from the University of Georgia. After serving as a business faculty member at Dakota State University, she joined the University of Houston-Victoria in the School of Business in 2000. During her ten years with the School of Business Administration, she has taught management information systems as a core MBA course, and seminar courses in electronic commerce.
Dr. Lu has published articles in technology, electronic commerce, and online MIS education. Her articles have appeared in academic journals including Information & Management, Journal of Strategic Information Management, Electronic Commerce Research, Journal of Computer Information Systems, and International Journal of Mobile Communications. She is serving on the editorial board for Internet Research and for the Interdisciplinary Journal of Information, Knowledge, and Management. She is serving on the editorial review board for several journals in MIS including Industrial Management & Data System (IMDS), Journal of Computer Information Systems (JCIS) and International Journal of Innovation and Learning (IJIL). She has served as a reviewer of numerous articles for journals including MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Journal,Telecommunications Policy, and Internet Research.
Dr. Lu has served as a member of the Decision Sciences Institute, International Information Management Association, and International Association for Computer Information Systems. She has served as vice president of membership services for the Southwest Decision Science Institute.
Dr. Lu is a 2012 citation excellence award winner from Emerald Management Reviews, a Best Paper Award winner from SWDSI, and received an outstanding paper award in 2004 from Emerald Literati Club.
In recognition of her scholarly achievements, Dr. Lu received the 2013 Partnership Professor Award from the School of Business Administration, UHV.
- EdD - University of Georgia, Business Education, minors in Management Information Systems and Instructional Technology, 1995
- MEd - University of Georgia, Business Education, 1991
Courses Taught at UHV
- HCAD 4352 - Healthcare Information Systems Management
- MGMT 4300 - Selected Topics in Management
- MGMT 4300 - Selected Topics in Management (e-Commerce Management)
- MGMT 6352 - Management Information Systems
- MGMT 6378 - Seminar in E-Commerce
Honors and Achievements
- 2013: Please refer to web link http://www.emeraldinsight.com/literati nominated by Internet Research. - Emerald Literati Network
- 2013: Please see UHV NewsWire article - School of Business Administration
- 2012: Citation Excellence Award 2012 (http://www.emeraldinsight.com/products/reviews/awards.htm?id=2012 ) for "Determinants of accepting wireless mobile data services in China", published by Information & Management in 2008. - Emerald Management Reviews
- 2009: Research Award Winner from IABPAD, April 23-26, 2009 (http://www.iabpad.com/dallas/call.htm) for conference paper entitled "Assessing Online Student Performance in an MBA Program within AACSB Assurance of Learning Guidelines." - The International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines (IABPAD) Conference
- 2008: Best Paper Award Winner 2008 from SWDSI, 2008 (http://www.swdsi.org/default.asp)for article entitled Assessing Online Learning and Closing the Loop in an MBA Program. - Southwest Decision Science Institute
- 2004: Outstanding Paper Award 2004 from Emerald Literati Club(http://www.emeraldinsight.com/literaticlub/winners) for the article entitled Technology acceptance model for wireless Internet. Published by Journal of Internet Research, 13(2), 206-222. - Emerald Literati Club