Associate Professor of Accounting
Phone: (281) 396-3743
Office: UHV at Katy 3-75
Dr. Jianjun Du obtained a BA in Finance and Accounting from Zhongnan University of Economics and Laws, and an MBA in International Finance from Remin University of China in China. He also received an MA in Economics from Washington University in Missouri, and a PhD in International Business and Accounting from Saint Louis University in St. Louis. Previously, he worked for Coopers & Lybrand WorldCom, and other firms in the areas of accounting, auditing, finance, and management. Dr. Du also worked for a Chinese university as an instructor, and the Chinese National Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relationship as auditing officer. Dr. Du also received a number of training certificates in telecommunication data and voice products and computer statistics and programming languages.
Dr. Du has received several awards including a Fellowship Scholarship, the Academy of International Business PhD student conference and consortium presentation award, and the PhD student and young scholar conference consortium award from the Academy of Management--as well as performance awards from numerous companies.
Dr. Du has published papers in international business and finance academic journals including, the Management International Review, International Marketing Review, Journal of Global Information Management, and Management Business Review, and has also published academic papers in proceedings at academic conferences. His research interests include, but are not limited to, accounting, finance, and international business.
Dr. Du is a member of the American Accounting Association, the Academy of International Business, the Academy of Management, the American Finance Association, and the American Economic Association.
- PhD - St. Louis University, International Business and Accounting, 2002
- MA - Washington University at St. Louis, Economics, 1993
- MBA - People's University of China, 1990
Courses Taught at UHV
- ACCT 3303 - Financial Statement Analysis
- ACCT 3311 - Costs and Budgets
- ACCT 3312 - Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCT 4320 - Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT 4331 - Advanced Accounting
- ACCT 6300 - Selected Topics in Accounting (Forensic Accounting)
- ACCT 6351 - Financial Reporting and Analysis
- ACCT 6373 - Contemporary Issues in Accounting
- ACCT 6377 - International Accounting
- FINC 3304 - Business Finance
- FINC 3321 - Capital Markets
- FINC 4320 - Investments Principles
- FINC 4369 - Cases in Finance
- MGMT 6377 - International Management
- QMSC 6351 - Statistics and Research Methods