Professor of Marketing
Phone: (281) 396-3769
Office: UHV at Katy 3-60
Dr. Jeff Blodgett came to the University of Houston-Victoria as Associate Dean in 2011. He received his PhD in Marketing from Indiana University in 1992, and has taught at the undergraduate and graduate levels at The University of Mississippi and North Carolina A&T State University. He enjoys teaching courses such as Marketing Management and Brand Management, and makes extensive use of cases and business simulations.
Dr. Blodgett has co-authored numerous papers on customer satisfaction and complaining behavior, advertising, online auctions, and other topics in Journal of Retailing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Service Research, Psychology & Marketing, Journal of Consumer Marketing, and other leading journals. He is also on the editorial review board of the Journal of Service Research and the Journal of Consumer Satisfaction/Dissatisfaction & Complaining Behavior. Dr. Blodgett has worked closely with industry constituents and has valuable experience with program development including SACS and AACSB accreditation standards.
He enjoys traveling with his wife Dr. Aysen Bakir, a professor at Illinois State University, to Turkey, India, France, Spain, Italy, and Sweden and throughout the U.S.
- PhD - Indiana University, Marketing, 1992
- MBA - Illinois State University, 1986
Courses Taught at UHV
- BUSI 4390 - Field Studies/Internship
- BUSI 6390 - Field Studies/Internship
- IBUS 4325 - International Marketing
- MKTG 3303 - Principles of Marketing
- MKTG 3321 - Selling and Sales Management
- MKTG 4325 - International Marketing
- MKTG 4340 - Marketing Management