Assistant Professor of Finance
Phone: (281) 396-3740
Office: UHV at Katy 3-72
Dr. Alex Aidov earned his PhD in Business Administration from Florida International University. He joined the University of Houston-Victoria as an Assistant Professor of Finance in 2013. Dr. Aidov has also earned an MS in Mathematical Science, MS in Mechanical Engineering, and BS in Mechanical Engineering from Florida International University.
Dr. Aidov’s research focus is on market liquidity and depth, futures markets volatility, and high frequency trading. His paper on the characteristics of futures market depth was published in the Journal of Futures Markets. His research has been presented at the Conference on High Frequency Data and Derivative Markets as well as annual meetings of the Financial Management Association, Eastern Finance Association, and Midwest Finance Association. His teaching interests include Financial Management and Derivatives.
- PhD - Florida International University, Business Administration (Finance), 2013
- MS - Florida International University, Mathematical Science (Risk and Analysis Management), 2009
- MS - Florida International University, Mechanical Engineering, 2008
Courses Taught at UHV
- FINC 3304 - Business Finance
- FINC 4369 - Cases in Finance
- FINC 6300 - Selected Topics in Finance
- FINC 6352 - Financial Management
- FINC 6365 - Derivatives