At UHV, students can earn a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology. The program's goals are to:
- Increase psychological understanding of self, individual differences, and group differences.
- Think critically and communicate effectively in the field of psychology.
- Achieve a broad knowledge base and appreciation of the history and scope of psychology (American Psychological Association and American Psychological Society) as a discipline.
- Employ research and statistical methods effectively.
- Understand ethical issues in psychology and the ethics codes of psychology.
A Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Psychology can lead to jobs in a wide range of human services fields. For example, you might choose to work with:
- Local and state social services agencies, assessing and monitoring clients’ needs and helping clients meet their daily life needs.
- Community organizations such as halfway houses, food banks, or crisis intervention centers; organizing and leading the group, working with professional care providers, and providing emotional support and assistance.
- Psychologists and other human services professionals in community mental health centers, vocational rehabilitation offices, psychiatric hospitals, detoxification units and correctional programs.
In addition to opening up job opportunities, UHV's Psychology program can prepare you for graduate work in fields such as Clinical Psychology, Health Psychology, Counseling Psychology, School Psychology, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology and Experimental/Research Psychology. Want to learn more? Request information on the programs that interest you.
Besides a Bachelor of Arts or Science in Psychology, a BAAS with a concentration in Psychology is available.
We also offer Master of Arts Degrees in the following areas:
Ready to learn more?
Request information or call us at (361) 570-4848 to get started.
Already a student and need advising? Liz Cardoza is available at the Victoria campus for advising.