|Degree Plan Options|
36 Credit Hours
Victoria (traditional semesters)
Katy (mostly evenings, traditional semesters)
|Tuition & Fees|
This graduate program in Computer Science will focus on the theoretical and engineering aspects of computer science. If you have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or a related degree program and would like to pursue a graduate degree with a focus on theoretical or engineering aspects of computing technology the Master's degree in Computer Science may be a good fit for you.
Students pursuing this degree program are required to complete 36 credit hours; 12 hours of core, 18-24 hours of prescribed electives and an optional 6 hour thesis. The four core courses are:
- COSC 6340 – Computer Architecture
- COSC 6339 – Network Design and Management
- COSC 6345 – Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- COSC 6346 – Automata and Formal Languages
Students have the flexibility of choosing a wide range of graduate level electives to craft their degree and studies to focus on a variety of areas including:
- digital gaming and simulation
- artificial intelligence
- systems engineering
- information sciences
- networking and distributed computing
- other computer science areas
For more information about the M.S. Computer Science program please contact the program director Dr. Qi Zhu.
GRE Waiver Information
To apply for a GRE Waiver, you must have the following:
Waivers granted for candidates with previous graduate or professional degree or undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 semester hours OR undergradaute GPA of 2.50-2.99 or higher in the last 60 semester hours AND earns a grade of B or better in the first 9 hours of graduate coursework.
- A detailed resume identifying experience in computer science and/or information systems.
- A personal statement outlining career goal and objective Each waiver request will be reviewed by program director on a case by case basis.
Academic Advising (Current students)