UHV caters to adults looking to complete a bachelor's degree.
Adult Completion Program at UHV
At University of Houston-Victoria, we focus on providing access to higher education to all, including busy adults who still need to complete a bachelor’s degree. UHV goes beyond offering online classes and flexible class schedules, we focus on helping students 25 years old or older, who may need to work full-time while attending college, who have dependents, and who may have been out of college for a few years. To help you return and finish, we have created a variety of flexible degree programs to help you transfer as many credits as possible. You can now see how your completed college credits can apply to one or more different degree programs with our Transfer Credit Estimator.
- Admissions application (a $25 application fee applies)
- 12 or more college credits completed
- 2.0 GPA or higher (A=4.0)
Please see our Adult Admissions Program below if you do not have any previous college credits completed and if you are 25 years old or older.
Get Started – 3 Easy Steps
Step 1: Connect with us
- Request information
- See how your credits will apply to one or more programs with our Transfer Credit Estimator
- Schedule an appointment with Angela Simmons to discuss your options
- Email us
- Call us at (361) 485-4900 or (281) 396-3808 (Katy area)
Step 2: Complete the online application for UHV
Complete an online application and pay the $25 non-refundable application fee (you may also pay at a later time over the phone or online).
- Application deadline: 01/05/2022
- Document deadline: 01/07/2022
- Payment deadline: 01/11/2022
- Classes begin: 01/18/2022
Step 3: Submit all official transcripts
UHV requires official transcripts from all institutions attended. Contact all institutions to send official transcripts to UHV.
Submit electronically to Admissions@uhv.edu
Mail an Official Transcript to:
University of Houston-Victoria
Office of Admissions
3007 N. Ben Wilson
Victoria, Texas 77901
- If transcripts are from outside of the U.S., the document must be translated and evaluated by a NACES accredited service. International college transcripts evaluation must include course by course evaluation.
- Please note that UHV does not accept unofficial, faxed or emailed transcripts.
Paying for school
UHV offers affordable tuition coupled with quality programs. Learn about the many ways how you can complete your degree while saving money.
- Tuition and fees
- Financial aid is available for those who qualify – Be sure to include our school code: 013231
- Scholarships can also help you pay for school, you just need to apply!
- Payment plans that break down your payments into 4 equal payments
Popular degree programs for adult students
UHV offers a variety of degree programs that can be completed fully online. Our Katy site also offers evening classes for those interested in attending class in-person.
- University Studies - allows you to maximize your credit transferability
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences - allows you to transfer in vocational/technical credits (AAS degree)
- Bachelor of Business Administration - allows you to complete many of its concentrations 100% online
- FastTrak programs - can be completed in 8-week courses and it’s fully online
- Full list of degree programs