Transfer Admissions Process
Priority Application Deadlines:
Fall (August 10th) Spring (January 3rd) Summer (May 10th)
UHV is a wonderful option for anyone who is interested in transferring their college credits towards earning a bachelor's degree. We have numerous, long-standing partnerships and 2+2 agreements with regional community colleges throughout South Texas.
- 12 or more college credit hours (minus high school advanced/dual credit)
- 2.0 (A=4.0) cumulative GPA in all non-remedial college-level coursework from an institution or institutions accredited by one of the six recognized regional accrediting associations. For more information about your institution's accrediting association, visit the following website.
- Satisfy the Texas Success Initiative requirements or show college readiness according to provisions of the TSI and UHV
- If you're under 22 years old, the State of Texas requires you to provide proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination.
How to Apply (all transfer students)
- Go to ApplyTexas and submit a transfer admissions application ($25 non-refundable fee will apply)
- Email official transcripts from each college attended to Admissions & Student Recruitment
In addition to the aforementioned requirements, some students will be required to submit additional documentation.
Transient (Visiting) Undergraduate Students
- Indicate Non-degree-Seeking Major on the ApplyTexas application
- Letter of proof of enrollment in good standing from the current university you are enrolled in or an official transcript
University of Houston System Student Pathways Students
Undergraduate students in any of the four UH System universities are able to take up to six hours of courses toward their degree, at any of the universities.
- Submit a Pathways application to your academic advisor for approval
- Go to ApplyTexas and submit a Postbaccalaureate admissions application
- Update to Admissions Application – Former UHV Students
- Update to Admissions Application – (online only) Current UHV Students
- Military Waiver Request Form for Residency
- Residency Affidavit
- Residency Questionnaire
- Meningitis Immunization Request for Extension form
- Online Classes Only Immunization Waiver