Freshmen Admissions Information
Office of Admissions and Student Recruitment3007 North Ben Wilson - UW 133Victoria, TX 77901P: (361) 570-4110Office Hours: M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Schedule a Virtual Admissions Consultation here!
Effective until Summer 2022, new freshman will be admissible by meeting either the formal or test-optional criteria.
Formal (2 out of 3 requirements)
- Ranked in the top 50% of their graduating class
- Minimum GPA: 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Meet or exceed scores of 940 (SAT) or 18 (ACT)
- Ranked in the top 60% of their graduating class
- Minimum GPA: 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Test Optional (students are encouraged to submit test scores if available)
Note: Student must graduate on the Foundation “Endorsement” or “Distinguished” High School program, or a curriculum that is equivalent in content and rigor as the endorsement or distinguished program. Students who pass the GED exam will be recognized as satisfying the 2.5 grade point average (GPA) requirement.
|Semester||Application Deadline||Document Deadline|
|Spring 2021||January 6, 2021||January 8, 2021|
|Summer 2021||May 14, 2021||May 21, 2021|
|Fall 2021||August 6, 2021||August 11, 2021|
Under state statutes pursuant to Title 3 Texas Education Code and the Rules and Regulations for Determining Residence Status made known by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) which interpret those statutes, an individual will be classified as a resident or nonresident. Residency rules are adopted and amended by legislative action.
Homeschool Graduates are required to take and submit either the ACT or SAT exam and meet 2 of the 3 requirements listed above. Upon receiving test scores, the student will be assigned a class rank based on the average class rank for those with comparable exam scores. Home-schooled transcripts must be signed by the principal.
Here are options on how to send your transcript(s) to UHV:
- Ask your high school or institution administrator to send your transcript data electronically through an TREx (for Texas institutions) or EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) system. (Preferred method for faster service)
- Send using an eDoc service: Can't send it electronically? That’s okay! Ask your school administrator to send us a PDF version of your official transcript through Naviance/Parchment, Speede (FICE code: 013231), or any other secure eDoc service. If a service asks for our university email, please use: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, transcripts sent via email as a direct attachment will NOT be accepted and will be unofficial.
- If both of these options aren't available, ask your high school or institution to mail your official transcripts to the address listed above.
Former UHV students are required to submit:
- Admission application
- $25 application fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended since last enrollment at UHV (if applicable)
Former students are considered anyone:
-who has not enrolled at UHV for 13 uninterrupted months (3 consecutive terms) from their initial semester
-with an application which has been discontinued for non-enrollment
-who has earned a bachelor's or graduate degree
- Update to Admissions Application (online only) Current UHV Students
- Military Waiver Request Form for Residency
- Residency Affidavit
- Residency Questionnaire
- Meningitis Immunization Request for Extension form
- Online Classes Only Immunization Waiver