First-Year Student Admissions
|Criteria||Class Rank||GPA||SAT Comp Score||ACT Comp Score||Letter of Recommendation|
|Automatic Acceptance||Top 10%||Not required||Not required||Not required||Not required|
|Formal Admissions*||Top 50%||2.0 (4.0 scale)||940||18||Not required|
|Rank Omit Admissions||Not required||3.0 (4.0 scale)||Not required||Not required||Required|
|Test-Optional Admissions**||Top 60%||2.5 (4.0 scale)||Not required||Not required||Not required|
*Must meet 2 out of 3 requirements (rank, grade-point avg., test scores).
**Effective until Summer 2022.
Note: Students must graduate on the Foundation “Endorsement” or “Distinguished” High School program, or a curriculum that is equivalent in content and rigor as the endorsement or distinguished program. Students who pass the GED exam will be recognized as satisfying the 2.5-grade point average (GPA) requirement.
Under state statutes pursuant to Title 3 Texas Education Code and the Rules and Regulations for Determining Residence Status made known by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) which interpret those statutes, an individual will be classified as a resident or nonresident. Residency rules are adopted and amended by legislative action.
Homeschool Graduates are required to take and submit either the ACT or SAT exam and meet 2 of the 3 requirements listed above. Upon receiving test scores, the student will be assigned a class rank based on the average class rank for those with comparable exam scores. Home-schooled transcripts must be signed by the principal.
Here are options on how to send your transcript(s) to UHV:
- Ask your high school or institution administrator to send your transcript data electronically through a TREx (for Texas institutions) or EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) system. (Preferred method for faster service).
- Send using an eDoc service: Can't send it electronically? That’s okay! Ask your school administrator to send us a PDF version of your official transcript through Naviance/Parchment, Speede (FICE code: 013231), or any other secure eDoc service. If a service asks for our university email, please use email@example.com. Please note, transcripts sent via email as a direct attachment will NOT be accepted and will be unofficial.
- If both of these options aren't available, ask your high school or institution to mail your official transcripts to the address listed above.
- Update to Admissions Application (online only) Current UHV Students
- Residency Affidavit
- Residency Questionnaire
- Meningitis Immunization Request for Extension form
- Online Classes Only Immunization Waiver