Admissions Requirements & How to Apply
Freshman admissions approval is based on class rank, GPA, and SAT or ACT scores. To be admitted to UHV, incoming freshmen must meet at least two out of three of the following requirements:
- Be ranked in the top 50 percent of their graduating class
- Have a minimum 2.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Meet or exceed scores of 940 (SAT) or 18 (ACT)
Each year, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board calculates the base tuition rate for students enrolled in Texas public universities. Rules pertaining to resident and non-Texas resident tuition are set by the Coordinating Board per Texas State Legislature action. At UHV, residency is determined by Admissions & Student Recruitment.
- Texas Success Initiative - Students need to provide proof of college readiness in the areas of English and mathematics prior to registering for classes. The TSI is the measuring stick used in the state of Texas. There are four exams that a student can use to show proof of TSI completion: SAT, ACT, STAAR and TSI Assessment. In some cases, a student may have scored high enough on the SAT and/or ACT to meet UHV’s admissions and registration requirements. We will be able to tell you once all of your test scores are submitted. If this scenario does not apply, you will have the chance to sign up for the TSI Assessment. For more information about the TSI, go to TSI Assessment.
- If you’re under 22 years old, the State of Texas requires you to provide proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination.