Training and Development
- To provide quality training and development opportunities to all UHV faculty, staff, and student employees
- To promote, support, and enhance personal and professional growth
- To cultivate a culture of leadership and effective communication
New Employee Mandatory Training (Faculty, Adjunct, Staff, and Student)
- All newly hired employees must complete the required training within 30-days of start date. This must be completed once per fiscal year (September 1 to August 31).
- All individuals who have a break in service and are rehired must complete the New Hire courses once per fiscal year. (Fiscal year runs September 1 through August 31.)
Annual Mandatory Training (Faculty, Adjunct, Staff, Student)
- At the start of each new fiscal year, all current employees must complete the annual Mandatory Training. FY17 Training will run from October 3, 2016 to November 18, 2016. Employees will be notified via email with instructions on how to access the training portal, and with a list of courses the employee is required to complete.
- Training is a UH System requirement and considered a minimum job expectation of all employees and required for merit eligibility.
- The training is intended to provide employees with the information necessary to be aware of compliance and fraud issues as well as to help instill practices that ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations and university policy. The Office of Training and Development assists in monitoring employee training and is available to answer questions you may have.
Role-Based Mandatory Training
- Employees whose role, responsibilities, or duties require specialized training will be enrolled into the required courses as deemed necessary according to UH System and UHV policy.
Accessing the UHV Training Module
- All mandatory training is available online at https://tap.uhv.edu/login.php
- Login using your UHV ID and password.
Students: Your UHV ID is your 7-digit Student ID number
Employees: Your UHV ID is your last name, first initial(s).
For technical support
- Contact Technology Services at 361-570-4399.
- To reset your password, go to https://jagspace.uhv.edu.
- For additional help, visit http://www.uhv.edu/it/PasswordForgotten.aspx.
A complete list of courses, including a description can be viewed on the
Mandatory Training Schedule.
Tell Us How We Rate!
In order to better serve you, we would appreciate it if you would take just a few moments and click on the link to our customer service survey.
Thank you for your input!