Skip to Main Content

Post-Baccalaureate Certification

Students MUST take all TExES certification exams PPR (EC-6 & 4-8, 7-12 cert, ), Core Subjects (EC-6 & 4-8 cert) and/or Content Exams (7-12 cert) PRIOR to beginning their student teaching semester.

Teacher Certification: Post-Baccalaureate Certification Plans

Post baccalaureate students must request a certification plan through the Educator Preparation Office.

Application to Teacher Education Program - Post-Baccalaureate

Post baccalaureate Certification Plans

Post baccalaureate students requiring this service must secure certification plans from the Educator Preparation Office in the School of Education, Health Professions, and Human Development. A service charge of $25.00 is required for a student requested certification plan. The student is required to complete a student teaching experience. However, an internship is made available to students who secure a teaching position, in the area and at the level that they are seeking certification, in an accredited school.

The School of Education, Health Professions, and Human Development also offers teacher certification programs for those teachers-in-service that are teaching in accredited schools. The student can serve an internship in lieu of student teaching. (To serve an internship, you must contact the Educator Preparation Office, complete all necessary paper work, and enroll in the appropriate courses.)

The basic requirements for securing a certificate in this manner are similar to those listed for undergraduate students. The candidates are permitted to substitute equivalent semester hours of a one-year Internship in a school accredited by the Texas Education Agency for the required six semester hours of student teaching.

The teaching areas available for post baccalaureate students are identical to the specialization fields accessible to undergraduate students. A minimum of twelve semester hours must be completed at UHV as part of any certification or endorsement program. Course work that is ten years old or older must have approval by the Certification Officer. The student must be admitted to the Teacher Education Program.

All teacher certification transactions and/or inquiries for UHV are made through the Educator Preparation Office in the School of Education, Health Professions, and Human Development.

NOTE: Upon completion of CUIN 3323 and INDS 3323 courses you must pass the PPR qualifying test with an 80% or higher to advance to further education courses.